Stew is the perfect winter meal, as soon as it starts to get cold I crave stew because it's so comforting and yummy.
This stew is the same recipe my mum's been making for years but of-course it's veganised!
This recipe does take longer too cook but it's definitely worth it because it allows all of the flavours to infuse together creating the lovely flavour of the stew.
- 1 White potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 White onion, cut into cubes
- 2 Carrots, peeled and sliced.
- 1 Vegetable oxo cube
- 1 Teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- A big handful of frozen peas
- Boiling water
- 3 Tablespoons of gravy powder - mixed with cold water
- Pepper (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200
- Get your vegetables and put them in a casserole dish
- Crumble in your oxo cube and add boiling water that just covers the top of the vegetables
- Cook in your oven for 1 hour
- Take your dish out and add your peas, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and gravy powder
- Cook for a further 30 minutes