This recipe is vegan, low in fat, low in salt and oil free.
- 1 carrot - grated and diced
- 1 white onion - diced
- 2 garlic cloves - crushed
- 1 celery stalk - diced
- A pinch of oregano
- A pinch of basil
- 1 box/tin of chopped tomatoes
- Boiled water
- Cornflour (not always necessary)
- 1 cup of red lentils
- Put your lentils in a wok or frying pan and add some boiling water, enough to cover them, and bring to boil
- Leave to simmer for 5 minutes (you only need to stir this recipe if it visibly needs it)
- Add your spices and vegetables and simmer for a further 10 minutes
- Add your tomato and leave to simmer for a further 5-10 minutes
- If you still have alot of water left in the pan then just add some cornflour leave to cook for a extra few minutes and serve!