Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Vegetable Mix

I haven't posted in forever! But lately what I've been eating hasn't been following a specific recipe so I didn't feel like I should post it but maybe I should just for meal ideas or whatever? Idk but if you're curious as to what I eat when I don't post just check out my instagram   @compassionatecooking

Anyways this is something I've made before and I love it for those days when I have no idea what to eat for dinner.
I also had no idea wtf to call it so I've settled on 'vegetable mix'. I served it with wholemeal toast but you can have it in wraps, with pitta or whatever you fancy :)

Ingredients:
  • 1 red pepper - chopped
  • 1 green pepper - chopped
  • 1 white onion - chopped
  • a handful of new/baby potatoes - cut into chunks
  • 4-5 mushrooms
  • half a can of borlotti beans 
  • half a teaspoon of vegan butter (I use sunflower butter)
  • olive oil (just enough to stop the ingredients sticking to the pan, I also added some of the juice from the beans so I didn't have to add so much oil)
  • Smoked paprika
  • Dry parsley
Method:
  • Put your chopped baby potatoes in a saucepan and bring to boil then simmer for 10 minutes (whilst they're simmering you can prepare the other veg)
  • After they've boiled put the potatoes and the rest of the veg into a wok with the spices, beans and with the oil and butter (you don't have to use the butter, you can just use oil, it's just to make it creamier)
  • Cook for 20 minutes on a low/medium heat stirring occasionally


No comments:

Post a Comment